Base Assault Mod für CoD:WW ist fast fertig

• Gute Nachrichten gibt es für alle UO-Fans. Der Base Assault Mod, den "Anarchic-X" erstellt, ist fast fertig. Hier der Post aus deren Forum vom 19.08.09:

Hello Community

Its time to announce something really large for our Base Assault Fans. Since last christmas i am working on a completely new BAS gametype. And my BAS gametype is not only a 1:1 copy of the uo scripts...developed it from the scratch with new scripts & features which are similar to UO Base Assault.

Let me first show you a list with all the features/fixes we included until today:

Bunker Models

- i converted high quality bunker xmodels from UO over to cod5 with normal & specular map textures
    - i divided the versions of the UO bunkers into one summer & one winter version for our maps
    - the summer version will be modified italy bunkers and the winter version will be foy bunker models
    - we will have all 4 sub-versions of the model like in UO to use the different damage states for the bunkers

Radiant Prefabs

- the single bunker models are built into a complicated customized prefab to get all features we need like collision,damage or the bombzone
    - i fixed several light problems on the bunker xmodels with some tool textures

Bunker Models Collmaps

- the 3 collmaps the models use are completely rebuilt for a much better collision on the models
    - i added some better collmaps to some specific points of the model which doesnt exists in UO
    - additional i added new ladder & mantle functions to the new collmaps
    - i fixed a small weapon collision problem on the rubble xmodel by reconverting the model and new clip options
    - i fixed a rubble collmap problem where the player was stuck in the rubble collmap

Bombzone

- the bombzone can be used like UO..every team player can plant/defuse the bomb in the usual way like sabotage or search & destroy

Damage

- the damage logic is a bit complicated to explain but you will have all well known features from UO
    - the bunkers allow of course only team-based damage
    - also only certain weapons are allowed to damage the bunker

Hud Icons

- you will have the same round icons like UO but we added custom icons which we want to replace with high quality icons later
    - this round design will give us more options to include all additional icon features above the base icon
    - the bombtimer is changed into a real clock timer which appears exactly above the base icon if a bomb is planted
    - i also added back a new scripted way to flash the plant & defuse icons while the player is holding the "use" button
    - i fixed a bug where the sub-icons only was showing for the client..now all players can see whats going on with the bombs on the 3 bunkers

Final Player Damage

- i fixed a bug if the bomb has been planted and the bunker exploded it doesnt kill the players inside or above the bunkers
    - now the player damage is perfectly adjusted on all damage states of the bunkers

Team Flags

- i added back the feature to have flags for the teams on the bunker roof which will disappear after the bunker is breached

Bomb Ticking & Explosion Sounds

- all explosion & bomb sounds and effects are custom
    - fixed a small bug where the bomb ticking sound was not global(occlusion system)

UO Spawn Logic Feature

- the scripts are coded to use our custom bas spawns & global intermission...they work in the same way like other cod5 gametypes with "_start" and the usual spawns
    - the UO BAS spawn logic was a really complicated feature to include..I couldnt use the UO way
    - basically i want to have it so that some specific base spawn points can be removed after the base is destroyed
    - with the help from Treyarch i could debug the coded custom "array" i created
    - now we have removable spawns after one of the bases is destroyed
    - the gametype script of this specific base will wait until this base is destroyed..remove the spawns and update the spawnlogic
    - i pre-placed this kind of spawns in my prefabs

Announcer Feature

- this was a really complicated task because the announcers are team-based and you cant just play them with "playsound" in the script because i defined 2d global sounds in the soundaliases
    - i found a good way to include them team-based on the scripts and we have now the original sounds from UO
    - also i "precached" the sounds so that you will have russian sounds for russian and usa sounds for american..depends on which teams you set in your levels gsc file
    - every sound of the announcers have 2 versions..the soundaliases will switch randomly between these 2 versions
    - the sounds for the japanese are the german sounds now..we want to mod that later if we want to build us vs jap bas maps
    - a small change on the german sounds..I used my version (german UO version) because they sounds much better
    - to get the "under attack" sound for the teams was really complicated..i placed them now in the same way like the base health logic

Minefields

- as you know we cant use just the stock minefields script...they would not kill players which are in a vehicle
    - i added a custom script to the mod which kill players & drivers now

BAS Maps

We can proudly say that this Base Assault Gametype Mod is nearly finished and we already working on the first Anarchic-X BAS maps. Some of these Maps will be well known classics like:

ARDENNES
    FOY
    VITEBSK
    PONYRI
    KURSK
    BASTOGNE
    WESEL

individual map previews will be coming soon

Development Screens:

current HUD layout

current bunker layout

allies base 1 breached

plant allies base 1

allies base 1 bombtimer

defuse allies base 1

allies base 1 destroyed

current HUD Hardcore layout

plattsig21.png
    sysp-138588.gif

Durch die Macht der Wahrheit habe ich als Lebender das Universum erobert.

• Ja geile Sache! Endlich bald wieder Base zocken, zwar wirds hier und da noch ein paar Bugs geben, aber das ist Latte. Die Leute von Anarchic-X werden uns ein dickes Grinsen ins Gesicht meißeln mit der Mod. :mrgreen: :roll:

MS Windows? Nein Danke, ich nutze Linux! :spock:

• Hier ein Update für den Basisangriff-Mod:

Update & Info

- ponyri & ardennes are finished (beta)
    - bas mod & gametype included into the 2 maps
    - increased the max damage for all bases
    - fixed a bug on the base healthbars
    - added the "endless" timer from the anarchic uo bas
    - fixed a bug on the base destroyed hud icons
    - fixed the sound-radius for the main explosion
    - disabled the stock "bomb-plant/defuse" announcer sounds
    - fixed a bug with the global_intermission (for mapping)
    - added additional "mantle" brushes to all bunker models
    - added a full usable sherman tank for ardennes (thanks zeroy for your hard work!)
    - fixed the sherman turret (verticalspan,hud icon,sound)
    - added an own team & tank based "capture-tank" function
    - modified the satchel behavior
    - converted the winter bunker xmodels and "precache" them in the mod for the upcoming wintermaps

Next steps:

- if there no problems add the bas gametype/mod to the demonmod 4.0 (anarchic-x only)
    - adjust the last settings and create a DEV server to test with more people

just a few dev screens:

plattsig21.png
    sysp-138588.gif

Durch die Macht der Wahrheit habe ich als Lebender das Universum erobert.

FH2-Fightnight

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!

Neue Bilder

• Schlacht von Krupki Runde 3
  • Krupki Ostfront 1944
  • Global Mobilisation Mod
  • Map "Sonorah Desert"